Wow! 2022 will go into the history books in less than 3 days. Have you accomplished those things you set out to accomplish during the year? Are you living the kind of life you want to live? Did you experience any life setbacks? Are you beginning to look forward to 2023? (OK Willie, enough questions!! I thought you were going to talk about the season to be jolly…. Smiles, now that I have your attention – read on.)
During this time of the year, although I am blessed and thankful that God continues to have his protecting arms around me, I still take time to pause and reflect on my life. I ask myself, what are some things I want to continue doing, and what are some things I want to stop doing? Might I encourage you to do the same? During these times of uncertainty, wars, economic downturn, and COVID, I am convinced that this is the time to be totally honest with yourself. Are you living the kind of life you want to live? You know, a life with perspective, passion, and purpose?
If you’re not living the life you want or have dreamed about, it’s time to ask yourself why not? What is it that’s holding you back or standing in your way of life successes? Many have said, we only have one life to live, and it’s a short one here on earth – so why not live it to the fullest? With God’s help, I am doing just that, living my life to the fullest. I do, however, recognize that I need to spread the “Good News” more often and more regularly. What changes might you need to make to realize your dreams?
I am sure that some of you will proudly tell yourself that you are living your dream life. Good for you. That’s fantastic! As for the rest of us, here are some questions that need to be answered:
- Do you maintain a positive attitude about life or do you let everything get you down?
- Are you grateful for even the small things in life?
- Have you gotten those negative, small-minded people out of your life, or are you associating with people who want to bring you down?
- Are you working in a job you find satisfying and enjoy?
- Do you constantly worry about things outside your circle of influence and control?
- Are you enjoying and experiencing harmony in your relationships?
- Spiritually speaking, how is your faith?
I challenge you to pause and reflect on these questions. And remember, in building a firm foundation for success in life, here are seven essential principles that you will need to succeed:
- Character – The combination of qualities that determine a person’s moral and ethical strength.
- Integrity – Having a steadfast adherence to a strict ethical or moral code.
- Determination – Firmness or purpose towards a fixed intention.
- Patience – The quality of being able to bear enduring difficulty, provocation, or annoyance with a calm tolerance.
- Enthusiasm – Great excitement or passion for an endeavor.
- Initiative – The ability to begin or follow through energetically with a plan with enterprise and determination.
- Preparation – The state of having been made ready beforehand anticipating potential obstacles.
I close with this – Life is precious and it’s up to you what you do with the rest of your life. I challenge you to continue working on your life’s blueprint; it’s a never-ending process. As you diligently work on your life’s blueprint, my prayer is that you will become a natural champion in life; a position in life that you so richly deserve.
There is greatness within you and 2023 is going to be your best year ever!